I like to call it Arachis hypogaea butter…… OK, I lied. I call it the same as everyone: peanut butter.
I looooOooooOOooOoooooooOooove peanut butter!!! I will eat it with just about anything. In candy, in ice cream, on ice cream, on any type of bagel, on toast, on a cookie, in a cookie, in a pie, microwave a peanut butter and jelly burrito, ants on a log, almost every type of soup will taste better with a piece of bread with peanut butter on it, don’t forget to put it in your fruit salad or at least to dip your apples and bananas in it, on bread with banana, on bread with honey, on bread with Nutella, or just eat it straight off the spoon!!
I’m averaging about one (18 oz) jar every 5 days right now! Its crazy but I just love the way it tastes. =P
So here are a few fun facts taken from the National Peanut Board, with my comments added in green. Check out their web page for more fun/interesting facts that you will probably never need to know! :)
- There are enough peanuts in one acre to make 30,000 peanut butter sandwiches. Well that will do for me for a few weeks…. what is everyone else going to eat?
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he/she graduates high school. My peanut butter addiction didn’t really develop till college, so ya, I guess I would believe that.
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter. Hummmm, And I like the Sam’s Club sized ones……
- By law, any product labeled “peanut butter” in the United States must be at least 90 percent peanuts. The other 10% must be sugar :(
- Americans consume on average over 1.5 billion pounds of peanut butter and peanut products each year…. I think everyone else in the America have the 1 billion, and I bump it up with the last 0.5 billion haha :D
- Peanuts have more protein, niacin, folate and phytosterols than any nut… but then, it isn’t a nut, it’s a legume (a bean). Check it out.
- April 2 – National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. There are a lot more holidays involving peanut butter, so check out that web page.
- Sixty percent of consumers prefer creamy peanut butter over crunchy. I agree. I like crunchy, but creamy is what I crave.
Wasn’t that fun? OK, see you later. If you need me, I’ll be in my peanut butter anonymous group, but if there is something crazy that you do with your peanut butter, PLEASE share!